COMSt-related conferences, schools, and events
For meetings in 2009-2014 and information on the COMSt workshops visit this page.
COMSt network meetings
- 26 September 2016, Hamburg: Comparative Oriental Manuscript Studies: Looking back - Looking ahead
- 28 - 29 June 2018, Hamburg: The World of the Physiologus – Animal Stories and Representations in Oriental Manuscripts (organized by the CSMC)
COMSt-related conferences 2016
- 14-16 January 2016, Cairo: The sciences of Islam, between repetition and innovation: what is commenting in Islam?
- 15-17 February 2016, Mainz: Postclassical Greek: the Intersections of Philology and Linguistics (call deadline 1 October 2015)
- 25-27 February 2016, Lisbon: Juridical Circulations and Artistic, Intellectual and Cultural Practices in Medieval Europe (13th-15th Centuries)
- 29 February-2 March 2016, Hamburg: Second International Conference on Natural Sciences and Technology in Manuscript Analysis
- 5-6 March 2016, Fordham, NY: Manuscript as Medium
- 14-18 March 2016, Berlin: Armenian Manuscript Studies. An Introduction
- 14-18 March 2016, Cologne: DIXIT Academia, Cultural Heritage, Society
- 11-13 April 2016, Bethesda, Maryland: Images and Texts in Medical History: An Introduction to Methods, Tools, and Data from the Digital Humanities
- 21-22 April 2016, Evanston, IL: Sacred Word: The Changing Meanings in Textual Cultures of Islamic Africa
- 6-8 June 2016, Aix-en-Provence: Research Approaches in Hebrew Bible Manuscript Studies. A Critical Overview Based on Evidence from the Dead Sea Scrolls, Cairo Genizah and European Genizah
- 13-17 June 2016, London: London International Palaeography Summer School 2016
- 23-25 June 2016, Chicago: Third Conference of the School of Mamluk Studies
- 28-29 June 2016, Verona: Formal Representation & Digital Humanities: Text, Language and Tools
- 4-6 July 2016, Oxford: 43rd ARAM Conference "The Arameans"
- 18-20 July 2016, Oxford: 44th ARAM Conference "Ancient Churches of the Levant"
- 3-5 July 2017, Oxford: 45th ARAM Conference "Greek Culture and Interaction in the Levant 4th BC-9th AD"
- 5-7 July 2016, Oxford: 46th ARAM Conference "Syriac Interaction with Greek, Arabic, Armenian and Georgian, 3rd-12th centuries"
- 3-15 July 2016, Oxford: Hebrew Manuscript Studies: Codicology, Palaeography, Textual History
- 1-6 August 2016, Barcelona: 28th International Congress of Papyrology
- 22-27 August 2016, Beograd: 23 International Congress of Byzantine Studies
- 2-7 September 2016, Rome: 12th Symposium Syriacum
- 13-15 September 2016, Cambridge: 11th TIMA Conference "Sufism and Islamic Manuscript Culture"
- 14-17 September 2016, Hamburg: Second European Convention on Turkic, Ottoman and Turkish Studies
- 23-24 September 2016, Graz: Digital Scholarly Editions as Interfaces
- 5-7 October 2016, Antwerp: ESTS/DiXit conference Digital Scholarly Editing: Theory, Practice, Methods
- 27-28 October 2016, Bari: 'Cupis volitare per auras': Books, Libraries, and Textual Transmission from the Ancient to the Medieval World
- 19-22 November 2016, San Antonio, TX SBL Annual Conference
COMSt-related conferences 2015
- 30-31 January 2015, Hamburg: Ordering Knowledge: Structuring, Listing and Shelving Manuscripts
- 30-31 January 2015, Oxford: Syriac intellectual culture in Late Antiquity. Translation, transmission, and influence
- 25-27 February 2015, Lisbon: international conference Sephardic Book Art of the 15th century
- 2-5 March 2015, Birmingham: Ninth Birmingham Colloquium on the Textual Criticism of the New Testament
- 4-6 March 2015, Lisbon:Medieval Manuscripts in Motion 2015
- 23-27 March 2015, London: Traditions of Papermaking in the Islamic World
- 22-24 April 2015, Leuven: Arabica sunt, non leguntur... The Bible in Arabic: The Evidence of the Manuscripts
- 15-16 May 2015, Hamburg: Distinguishing Paratexts from Texts: Orality, Commentaries, Genres
- 18-19 May 2015, London: On the Same Page: Digital Approaches to Hebrew Manuscripts
- 20-21 May 2015, Edinburgh: Late antique hagiography as literature
- 26-27 May 2015, Rhetymno: Bibliothèques grecques dans l'Empire ottoman
- 30 May 2015, New York: Translating the Past, (Re-)shaping History?: Translation Issues in Late Antique and Medieval Christian Historiographical Sources in the Middle East
- 21-24 June 2015, Washington, DC:The Seventh North American Syriac Symposium
- 22-24 June 2015, Istanbul: Intensive course: A Holistic Approach to Manuscript Studies
- 13-15 July 2015, Oxford: 41st ARAM Conference "The River Jordan"
- 15-16 July 2015, Berlin: Typology - Strategies of Reenactment and Fulfillment in the Milieu of the Qur'an and its Exegesis
- 20-22 July 2015, Oxford: 42nd ARAM Conference "Religious Offerings and Sacrifices in the Ancient Near East"
- 20 July-1 August 2015, Goettingen: Summer School in Coptic Studies
- 28-30 July 2015, York: Translating Christianity: Word, Image, Sound & Object in the Circulation of the Sacred from the Birth of Christ until the present day
- 10-14 August 2015, Oxford: XVIII International Conference on Patristic Studies
- 20-21 August 2015, Buenas Aires: BYZANTINAI AKOAI: Reading and Writing in Byzantium.
- 24 August 2015, Cambridge: Traces of the Hand from Africa to Asia: A Symposium on the Palaeography of Arabic-Script Languages
- 24-28 August 2015, Warsaw, 19th International Conference of Ethiopian Studies, with panels on Ethiopian manuscript tradition
- 2 September 2015, London: DigiPal V: the Phantom Minuscule
- 4-14 September 2015, Cape Town: Winter Academy - World Scripts: Concepts and Practices of Writing from a Comparative Perspective
- 7-11 September 2015, Cambridge: Introduction to Islamic Codicology - Short Course (registration required)
- 16-18 September 2015, Naples: 15th International Congress of Turkish Art (with the Arts of the Book)
- 5-7 October 2015, London: Islamic Manuscript Collections in Conflict Zones: Safeguarding Written Heritage (course, registration required)
- 4-6 November 2015, Leipzig: Altertumswissenschaften in a Digital Age: Egyptology, Papyrology and Beyond (call for papers for young scholars expires 15 September 2015)
- 12-14 November 2015, Philadelphia: 8th Annual Lawrence J. Schoenberg Symposium on Manuscript Studies in the Digital Age
- 19-21 November 2015, Leicester: 12th Annual Conference of the European Society for Textual Scholarship
- 15-17 December 2015, Oslo: The Nag Hammadi Codices as Monastic Books