The HLCEES publishes and/or supervises the publication of a number of academic journals, series, and one-time monographs.
Among the recent and ongoing publication series of central importance are:
- The Encyclopaedia Aethiopica, with 5 volumes (2014);
- Catalogues of Coptic and Ethiopic manuscripts in Germany within the framework of the Katalogisierung der orientalischen Handschriften in Deutschland (up to 2012);
- The monographic series Aethiopistische Forschungen with 84 volumes (2017);
- The series Orientalia Biblica et Christiana with 21 monographs as of 2017;
- The journal Aethiopica with 20 issues (2017);
- The monographic series Aethiopica Supplement with so far 7 volumes (2018);
- The journal Comparative Oriental Manuscript Studies Newsletter with 8 issues (2014), succeeded by the Comparative Oriental Manuscript Studies Bulletin (since 2015);
- The manual Comparative Oriental Manuscript Studies. An Introduction (2015).