Research at HLCEES
The main tasks at HLCEES are:
- Coordination and networking for international projects in the field; planning of new projects in cooperation with other scholars as well as with various private and institutional sponsors;
- Conceiving, applying for and conducting of small and large-scale projects (e.g. in manuscript studies);
- Help in securing financial support for research in Ethiopian studies, including applying for scholarships and supervising graduate and postgraduate guest researchers (e.g. the DAAD, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Gerda Henkel Stiftung, etc);
- Help in training of new researchers' generation; organization of field research; of internships and practical skill application possibilities; language courses in the focus region;
- Organization of conferences and workshops;
- Research organization (manuscript cataloguing, critical editions, theses supervisions, etc).
Use the menu on the right for details on the current and recent projects.
The (incomplete) list of major projects includes
CMCL: Corpus dei Manoscritti Copti Letterari (in Hamburg since 2011)
COMSt: Comparative Oriental Manuscript Studies (since 2009)
EAe: Encyclopaedia Aethiopica (1999-2014)
and many many other minor and individual projects and cooperations