- Gandhari Unicode (lateinisch, kyrillische, griechische, koptische Sonderzeichen; Diakritika; IPA)
- Charis SIL (lateinisch, kyrillische, griechische, koptische Sonderzeichen; Diakritika; IPA)
- Sammlung verschiedener Fonts auf John Smith's Home Page
- Sammlung verschiedener Fonts auf der Seite des SALRC ( University of Chicago)
- Lektüreliste BA-Hauptfach - Schwerpunkt I
- Lektüreliste BA-Hauptfach - Schwerpunkt II
- Lektüreliste BA-Nebenfach - Schwerpunkt I
- Lektüreliste BA-Nebenfach - Schwerpunkt II
Vatteluttu and Grantha script software for Indologists and Linguists
e-Vatteluttu Package: Vatteluttu script software for Indologists and Linguists
This package contains the Open Type fonts "e-Vatteluttu OT.ttf" and "e-Tamil 100.ttf" together with a manual. Both fonts can be used to write Tamil texts using any Unicode based Tamil keyboard.
Vatteluttu is an old Indian script which was used to write the Tamil language from the 6th to the 14th centuries. Besides inscriptions on stone there are many copper plate documents using this script. These were produced by scratching the glyphs on the surface of copper plates. The script has never been printed until now.
Vatteluttu is the precursor of modern Tamil script. It's glyphs look more rounded than the Tamil glyphs (hence its name meaning "rounded script"). The font "e-Vatteluttu OT" is the first in history to offer the possibility of typing and printing this old script.
- Vatteluttu Manual.pdf
- e-Vatteluttu.ttf: Open Type font for Tamil language.
- e-Tamil 100.ttf: Open Type font with "classical" spelling for Tamil language. This font has the same font hight as the foregoing.
Vatteluttu Package.zib 516 KB DOWNLOAD
e-Grantamil Package: Grantha script software for Indologists and Linguists
This package contains the Open Type font "e-Grantamil 7.ttf" and keyboard software for Grantha and Tamil scripts. It can be used to write Sanskrit, Tamil and Manipravala texts.
- Grantha Manual.pdf, including keyboard tables
- e-Grantamil 7.ttf: Open Type font for Grantha and Tamil (classical spelling), to be used under Windows 7 (and later versions). It has Malayalam encoding for Grantha.
- Folder "Keyboards with Malayalam Encoding" with sub folders "English Layout" and "German Layout", each one containing installation files and setup.exe files for Grantha keyboards. They can be run only under Windows 7 (and later versions).
- Folder "Tamil Keyboards" for typing Tamil texts with e-Grantamil 7.ttf or any other Unicode based Tamil font.
Grantamil Package.zip 2.2 Mb DOWNLOAD
The contents of the packages has been developed by Elmar Kniprath. He holds the copyright for all components (including the fonts). The packages are distributed as freeware. It may be used free of charge for scientific and private purposes. No commercial use or distribution of this software as a whole or of any of its components (including the fonts) is allowed, except with written consent of the author.
The author can not be made responsible for any possible faults of the packages and its components nor is he liable for any damages which might be caused by them.